What does Low Level Laser Therapy do?
Low Level Laser Therapy (LLLT):
- Promotes Wound Healing & Tissue Repair
- Increases cellular energy and tissue oxygenation
- Helps clear out cellular toxins
- Decreases inflammation and edema
- Provides pain relief
How does LLLT work?
At specific wavelengths, laser light stimulates chromophores in cellular mitochondria and membranes to produce ATP (the energy of the cell), and other substances that promote healing.
How is LLLT used?
LLLT has been in existence for over 40 years and is used in both human and veterinary medicine to promote healing of chronic wounds, sports injuries, arthritis pain, neuropathies and spinal injuries, diabetic tissue injury and renal toxicity.
LLLT can be used with a highly focused beam to painlessly stimulate acupuncture points. This is helpful for animals that do not tolerate acupuncture needles well (such as some nervous cats) or who have sensitive areas (such as the paws).
What veterinary conditions can be treated?
- Lick granulomas
- Hot Spots
- Aural hematoma
- Post-surgical (both incision sites and deeper structures)
- Cruciate tears & post-TPLO surgery
- Hip and elbow dysplasia
- Intervertebral disc disease